I was talking to my friend about how much I love “What’s in My Bag” posts on the internet, simply because I am crazy curious about other people. I finally admitted to her that I would love it if she (or any of my friends, really) passed me her handbag and gave me full permission to go through it. “That,” I said, “would be a really fun fifteen minutes for me.” To which she replied, “Omg me tooooo.”
I’m not sure *why* I’m like this, but maybe it’s because I place a lot of stock in real-life reviews. I stayed at my friend Sunnie’s house, and while I was in her shower I yelled out, “HEY IS THIS SHAMPOO AMAZING? DO YOU LOVE IT?”
She yelled back, “NO I HATE IT. I tried it out and it makes my hair feel weird, but I’m using it up anyway.”
And automatically that shampoo was placed on my mental do not buy ever list. I mean I probably sound borderline sociopathic at this point, but I really just like learning from other people. When a friend told me she keeps a bag in her car with a spare change of clothes for each kid and a pack of wipes just in case, I was all, dang, that’s smart, went home, and packed up the same bag.
Often for events, I’ll room with my friend Jessica, and when we’re hanging out in the bathroom, doing our hair or whatever, I’ll ask her about whatever product she’s using.
“This is your favorite lipstick, right? Because I’ve seen it travel with you to like four different cities and a foreign country.”
And then that gets placed on my mental try this next list. Normal, right? ::stares::
So anyway, I just really want to see what you have inside your bag. Here, I’ll go first.
I really love crossbody bags because they keep my arms and hands free. (I’ve waxed poetic about them before.)
I usually just carry a small crossbody bag, especially when I’m out solo, but if I’m out with the girls, I bring along an extra tote. Even though they’re bigger now and everyone’s potty trained, I keep an extra pair of clothes on hand for Minnie, and because of allergies and asthma, I have to carry a wide arsenal of emergency meds (four epi-pens, Benadryl, an inhaler, etc). I like keeping my stuff separate so I’m not wading through a huge bag to find my phone or my keys.
It’s small and light, and the only downside is I cannot fit a lot in it, but then I’m only traveling with ‘essentials’ and my bag doesn’t turn into a big black hole of crumpled receipts and little kid snacks.
– Honore crossbody bag, Botkier
– Little red pouch holds 1) my Invisalign aligner, 2) a travel toothbrush, 3) a travel tube of toothpaste
– Bow Earrings that you can barely see. I took them off and slipped them in an inside pocket.
– Altoids: the tiny kind are the only bearable ones, IMO
– Contact drops, because I never want to TEAR OFF MY CORNEA ever again
– Aviator sunglasses, with little kid finger prints all over them
– Magic wallet, J.Crew. I downgraded to this slim little wallet and I’m not looking back
– Blush, Tarte. Kind of stupid that it’s in my bag without a brush, but it somehow found its way in there. I don’t usually travel with makeup (not enough room), unless I have a larger bag with me.
– Lip butter, Korres: I will forever use this product until some sort of cosmetic fairy godmother produces something better.
– Diorshow mascara: not impressed with this, to be honest. I buy teensy mascaras because I change them out every three months (this just came as an extra in a Sephora order).
– Pong case to represent my phone which I used to take this photo. :)
– Skullcandy Rasta Earbuds (ha!)
– A Pilot G2 0.38: not the fanciest pen in the world, but a darn good one. I stock up on these (and run out of them) often.
Your turn! Upload a photo of your bag contents to Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #heylookinmybag and tag @Invisalign. We’ll randomly pick three photos and send you either a $50 Sephora gift card (to stock up on teensy mascaras, if you want) or a $50 Amazon gift card (you pick). Throw it up there, and we’ll announce winners on Sunday, March 30th <—totally my bday. *<|:)
Invisalign is a neat, less teenage-angst inducing alternative to metal braces. Check out Invisalign’s Pinterest board for before + afters, neat blog posts, and answers to FAQs. Disclosure: As a member of the Invisalign Mom Advisory Board, I’m receiving treatment to facilitate my review. All content and opinions are my own. For the real deal buttoned-up disclosure, holla at this link right here.