LOL fine, it doesn’t. Maybe it doesn’t. I just want it to start trending so I can feel less weird about taking a blogging break.
Reasons why bloggers don’t take a break:
1) It can mess with your Google street cred. Google likes sites that update regularly, and will send more traffic to sites that do.
2) Direct and indirect income drop. No blogging = fewer pageviews = fewer ad revenue. A dip also jacks with your numbers. When you’re working with brands, they like to hear numbers, so when the break is over I’ll likely have to edit my media kit a little bit to reflect a new six month average.
3) Out of sight, out of mind. When you’re not blogging, readers inevitably forget about you. :'( SNIIIIIIIIFF.
Reasons why bloggers should take a break:
1) It’s good for your writing. Outside of blogging, I contribute to other websites and I write copy for brands (you know, dumb one-liners on the back of candy bars or whatever). In the course of a week, I do a lotttttt of writing. Being in front of the computer that long makes for a boring human, and I think regular breaks aid the creative process, fo sho. (If I’m working on a copy project, I need solid out-of-the-office time in order to nail down some good copy during my in-the-office-time.)
2) Laundry. I’m only sort of saying this in jest. ::stares::
Reasons why I’m taking a break:
1) The above two reasons.
2) I’m in the middle of a really busy work season. Which is cool! But I also don’t want to turn into an angry dinosaur, which is bad for being creative and sane.
3) I’m so behind on comments and I don’t feel good about it. The community is the best part of any blog, and I love reading your thoughts. :)
What you can do in the meantime:
I don’t know, hug me? Come over for tapas? You’re welcome to poke around on this site as much as you’d like and email me typos you find. I’ll be linking to throwback posts on Facebook. I’m active on Twitter, and I post dumb videos to Instagram. The internet is also full of people who are way cooler and smarter than me, so I’m sure you’ll find someone else to read.
Just kidding, it’s totally cool. But don’t forget me. ::Hunger Games hand salute::
Okay, in reality, it’s not that serious. I’ll probably be back in a week / week and a half / maybe two. :)
HUGS FOR EVERYONE. \(._.)/
Uh, I’m totally late for a dentist appointment. Bye!